Vitamin C contributes to:
- Normal function of the immune system*.
- The protection of cells from oxidative stress*.
- Normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise*.
- Normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels bones, cartilage, gums, skin, teeth*.
- Normal energy-yielding metabolism*.
- The reduction of tiredness and fatigue*.
- Normal functioning of the nervous system*.
- Increased iron absorption*.
*Official claims by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).